Own the Wave 2-Piece or 3-Piece Adjustable Alloy SUP Paddle/Stand Up Paddleboard Paddle
If you looking sup paddle, I recommend Own the Wave 2-Piece or 3-Piece Adjustable Alloy SUP Paddle/Stand Up Paddleboard Paddle. Stand-up paddling is a sport for everyone and easy to learn, there is no doubt about it. Nevertheless, there are mistakes that are particularly common among beginners. So that the fun with the board is maintained over the long term.
- The Own the Wave 3-Piece Adjustable Alloy SUP Paddle delivers a strong aluminum shaft, a durable nylon composite blade, and a super comfortable ergonomically designed handle. It is super light (2.1 lbs.) and is built to deliver years of fun;plus, you have the option to choose the blade accent’s color. All of that at a brilliant price!
- This paddle easily adjusts by popping out the paddle clip and the height range is simply huge: around 71 to 83 inches (1803 – 2108 mm) – to suit almost all paddlers. Aside from being light and durable, it can adjust more than most other paddles. The lightweight really reduces paddler fatigue and makes it easy for virtually anyone to use – important when being used by children or lighter adults (in which paddle weight really matters).
- It takes just seconds to assemble or break down (with the longest side being around 1676 mm / 66 Inches) for more convenient storage/ transport – excellent for going in the back of vehicles. Every buyer will be emailed a photographic e-guide, written by an experienced paddle boarder to introduce you more to this product. It is guaranteed to float in both salt and fresh water when the parts are together – we always recommend buying a paddle that floats. Three-piece version also available.
- Buy with complete confidence, as all our products are stored and shipped quickly and reliably to you. All Own the Wave products are 100% guaranteed — if it doesn’t deliver what it is supposed to at any time within 12 MONTHS of purchase, it will be replaced or you’ll be refunded — your choice!
- Thank you for looking at a product from our store, Surf and Snow Warehouse. We are a small family business that ONLY sells what we know and love — water sports gear. We know our products, use our products, and stand behind them 100%. We are known for the great product support, advice and after-sales service we provide — so if you have ANY questions about any of our products, please just ask.
How to choose shape and size paddle blade
- As with the boards, there are different shapes for different areas of use.
- Roughly speaking, the larger the paddle, the higher the advance / the smaller the paddle, the less force is required.
- Wave paddles have special recesses on the paddle blade which allow a higher paddle frequency (the paddle is released from the water faster).
- Allround paddles are a good compromise. Their size is approx. 7 “- 8”. Children and light people tend to 7 ”. Heavier, however, to 8 “. Most adjustable paddles have an all-round paddle blade.
- Race paddles are designed for maximum performance in shallow water. Their paddle blade size is up to 9.5 “. especially suitable for strong and heavy paddlers!
Benefit of stand up paddling
The ideal full-body workout for your six-pack
- Maybe you’re not a super athlete when you start to stand up paddling. But we can promise you one thing exactly. If you regularly find the time to grab your SUP board and take a lap on the lake, you will soon notice how the athlete awakens in you.
- Stand up paddling addresses almost all of the muscles in your body. Your legs balance small waves. The middle of your body stabilizes you and gives you enough support to paddle. And your torso and arms go through a comprehensive movement cycle with different stress levels with each paddle stroke.
- In short, stand up paddling is the perfect whole body workout. It has a positive effect on your posture and also improves your condition.
Everyone will find their own SUP style
- There are now so many different types or variants of stand up paddling that there is something for everyone. We therefore recommend everyone try each variant at least once to find their style.
- The best-known variants of stand up paddling are SUP yoga, SUP fitness, SUP racing, surfing with paddles, hydrofoiling, river surfing and of course the popular shallow water paddling. You can also swing alone, as a couple, with the whole family or of course simply with friends on the SUP board and spend a great time on the water.
Always a little adventure in nature
- Even if you should smile now, every SUP tour is a little adventure in itself. Just imagine how you stand on the board, armed only with a paddle and making your way through small, rustic rivers.
- You are in the heart of nature and experience things that every hiker can only dream of. With your own SUP board you will experience a completely new perspective. Start and embark on an adventure.
The SUP paddle guide
- Alu SUP paddle
Most beginners experience the first paddle attempts with an aluminum paddle. Aluminum paddles are sturdy and cheap, but much heavier than carbon or fiberglass paddles. The paddle blade is made of plastic and the shaft of aluminum. Aluminum paddles are all-round paddles and prove their worth when the whole family uses an entry-level set, for example.
Due to their robustness, aluminum paddles are also used for river SUPs, for example.
- Fiberglass paddle
Fiberglass paddles are in the middle price segment and are much lighter than aluminum paddles. They are not as sensitive to damage as carbon paddles and are very suitable for beginners and advanced climbers.
- Carbon paddle
Carbon paddles are the most expensive paddles, but they have many advantages. The biggest advantage is the weight. Carbon paddles are very light and this pays off especially on longer tours, where the aluminum paddle already provides for heavy arms. Carbon paddles are unfortunately a bit sensitive, so you should be especially careful with stones and never use the paddle to “brake” on the bank.
Stand up paddling is slowly but surely becoming one of the most popular summer sports. Whether old or young, everyone is fascinated by this crazy combination of surfing and canoeing. And the nice thing is that it is not as difficult as it looks. I recommend Own the Wave 2-Piece or 3-Piece Adjustable Alloy SUP Paddle/Stand Up Paddleboard Paddle. Stand up paddle board is a sport that everyone can master almost immediately. At least you can learn stand up paddling easily and quickly. Here you will find valuable technical tips for your first SUP trip.