Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards are one reason for the rocket-like rise of stand up paddling. From water sports, which in the early 2010s were still in their niche existence, to one of the best-known water sports. The trend started in the United States, but now stand-up paddlers are roaming around the world on all types of water.
From the first inflatables, which still had to struggle with significant defects, to today’s models, there has been great progress in terms of robustness, durability, and rigidity. The modern inflatable SUPs have nothing to do with the “air mattresses” when the inflatable SUP boards were initially scorned. It is no wonder that inflatables now account for 95 to 98% of all SUP boards sold.
Inflatables are particularly suitable for beginners because they cost little and are often supplied in complete sets that already include the entire basic equipment for stand-up paddling.
Inflatable SUP boards are not only suitable for SUP beginners. In the meantime there are inflatables for all possible areas of application. From inflatable entry-level SUP boards to inflatable touring SUP boards to inflatable yoga SUP boards, everything is included.
With the increasing popularity of the sport and especially the inflatable SUP boards, the number of available models also increased. More manufacturers were added every season. It is particularly difficult for beginners to get an overview. A good orientation can therefore be this leaderboard, in which models are listed that have already been convincing in an inflatable SUP board test or otherwise in practice.
Inflatable stand up paddling boards are a relatively new development and yet the easy-to-transport, inexpensive boards are already convincing thousands of beginners and advanced paddlers.
Bluefin SUP Stand Up Inflatable Paddle Board with Kayak Conversion Kit | Ultimate iSUP Kayak Bundle (10’8”, 12’0” and 15’0″)
The Bluefin Cruise 10’8 “is a really good choice for beginners and advanced. The 325 cm long board measures 73 cm in width and is 18 cm thick. It weighs just over 10 kg and is designed for a maximum load of 130 kg. The scope of delivery of the Bluefin Cruise includes an air pump, a leash, the central fin, a backpack, a kayak seat and a light fiberglass paddle that can be converted into a double paddle with a second paddle blade.
The buyers are particularly impressed by the scope and quality of the accessories supplied. The scope of delivery already includes the entire basic equipment and the SUP can also be converted into a kayak with a kayak seat and an extra paddle blade. However, the customers also emphasize the good handling characteristics of the board. According to the buyers, the board is very safe in a straight line, stable in the water and still maneuverable. The stable construction and longevity of the SUP was also praised. The manufacturer was also able to convince with a very long guarantee period of 5 years, which is a great sign of trust in its own products. In addition, our Bluefin Cruise SUP board test showed how stiff the board is when inflated.
A customer complained about a plastic smell after unpacking. The smell only disappeared after a few tours on the cruise. This is not uncommon with inflatable SUPs, but still not a nice thing. Another buyer also noticed sticky stains on the inside of the included carrying case.
Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Tech Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Tech Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is measuring in at 10″ x 33″ x 6. The affordable board is therefore best suited for light beginners. The scope of delivery includes a carrying bag, a coiled leash, an air pump, a kayak seat, and a three-part, height-adjustable aluminum paddle, which can also be used as a double paddle.
The buyers of the Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Tech Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board were convinced of the good quality. The board as well as the included accessories seem well processed. In addition, the scope of delivery is quite extensive, and especially the use as a kayak is well received. Furthermore, the customers praised the very good price-performance ratio and how quickly the board was ready for use.
The pressure gauge of the supplied air pump did not work properly for a buyer. Several customers also note that there are (removable) adhesive residues on the board.
- The Serene Life stand up paddling board is 10’ long and provides 30” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.
- The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- Great for beginners, our paddleboard is made for early learning, and for fewer accidents or injuries should you fall—happens to us all.
- Take your paddleboard with you wherever you go! It quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage, making it ideal for the lake, river, or ocean.
- Every SereneLife Paddle Board also comes with paddling essentials, including a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, oar Pedal, manual air pump, patch repair accessory kit, and convenient storage bag.
Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board W Free Premium SUP Accessories & Backpack, Non-Slip Deck Bonus Waterproof Bag, Leash, Paddle and Hand Pump Youth & Adult
- ROC Paddle Boards premium inflatable paddleboard is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most durable lightweight board on the market, using the same materials.
- Our extra-wide design creates an incredible all-around board for people of all skill levels. These kits can be used in the ocean, freshwater lakes, and rivers. Our boards are an industry-leading weight of only 17.5 pounds—that’s 20% lighter than competitors’. Board dimensions are 10’ long by 32” wide and 6” thick with a weight limit of 300 pounds.
- Our premium paddleboard package has everything you need to enjoy your day on the water including your board, collapsible aluminum paddle, safety leash, hand pump, waterproof bag for essentials such as cell phone and keys, and an upgraded backpack to hold everything. Comfortable and convenient, this complete elite package will get you anywhere you want to paddle.
- USA family-owned company!! We stand by the quality of our boards and are glad to provide a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. With tens of thousands of boards sold across the world, you can trust ROC as the leader in quality and fun!
FunWater Inflatable 10’6×33″×6″ Ultra-Light (17.6lbs) SUP for All Skill Levels Everything Included with Stand Up Paddle Board, Adj Paddle, Pump, ISUP Travel Backpack, Leash, Waterproof Bag
- ULTRA LIGHT (17.6 lbs): Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board durability.
- EASY STORE AND CARRY: FunWater Stand Up Paddle Boards deflate and pack down into the included backpack. Your SUP all over the world with easy transportation on buses, trains and planes.
- DURABLE MATERIALS : Military grade dual layer DWF drop sticth materials. FunWater Stand Up Paddle Boards with soft EVA deck pad makes it family and pet friendly.
- PERFECT FOR YOGA: It is ideal for fit all skill levels, with its length and proportion the board can provide excellent glides for cruising, fitness, fishing, and exploring.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about inflatable SUP boards answered
How to choose the right inflatable SUP board?
With the enormous selection, choosing a SUP board is not exactly easy. This doesn’t have to be difficult. A good inflatable SUP board has the right length, width and is geared to the weight of the paddler.
Furthermore, the SUP board should be tailored to the area of application. There are different models for SUP yoga, longer tours or high-speed races. Beginners, however, best choose all-rounders. The Allround SUP boards can be used in many ways and are suitable for trips across canals, lakes, slow rivers and water with small waves.
How long do inflatables last?
The modern inflatable stand up paddling boards are made of durable materials like PVC. The drop stitch process is frequently used in production, in which several PVC layers are connected. This makes the case very resistant. The inflatables are so stiff that they do not bend even when the board is placed on a chair at both ends and you stand in the middle of the board.
The robustness is expressed in that the iSUPs can withstand collisions. The tear-resistant PVC material is also quite resistant to damage from pointed objects. This means that high-quality inflatables will last for many years.
Some manufacturers are particularly convinced of their quality and voluntarily offer their guarantees on the boards on offer. On the one hand, this is a great sign of trust in your quality, but on the other hand, it is also very practical for customers. In the event of damage to the board or production errors, you can count on help for longer.
The handling, however, should not be neglected. Because this has a big impact on how long the inflatable SUP board lasts. Cheap SUP boards, for example, should not be exposed to too much solar radiation. The sun could heat the PVC and warp it.
Proper storage is also crucial. Before storing, the SUP board should first be cleaned thoroughly. The board is then stored in a not too humid environment, without direct sunlight and ideally at room temperature. With a suitable wall or ceiling bracket, space-saving storage in living areas is also possible.
How do you clean an inflatable stand up paddling board?
The cleaning and care of the SUP boards are important. Contrary to popular belief, thorough cleaning is also required after a freshwater tour. But that is very simple. The SUP simply has to be rinsed off with a garden hose after a tour.
Attention should be paid to the metal D-rings, as they tend to rust. Before storing the SUP, the board should also be given enough time to air dry. This reduces the risk of mold.
How much PSI is an inflatable SUP board inflated to?
The recommended air pressure differs from model to model. You can find information about your SUP either in the user manual or on the manufacturer’s website. With most boards, however, the ideal air pressure is in the range of 12 to 15 PSI. This corresponds to a pressure of a little less than a bar.
How do you find a leak in the paddleboard?
With all the caution and the robust construction, a leak can always occur. The search for the small hole is not easy. It is best to use the same trick as for bicycle tubes.
Either it is possible to directly identify the air flowing out or the board is placed in the water. The leak is at the point where air bubbles rise. The SUP does not have to be fully inflated for this trick.
How to repair an inflatable SUP board?
Most inflatable SUP boards come with a repair kit that includes at least a PVC patch and plastic glue. After a thorough cleaning of the area with the leak, the patch and the affected area is simply prepared with the PVC adhesive. The PVC patch is placed in the center of the leak and then smoothed out. Additional pressure must be applied for a few minutes. The patch is then left to dry for a further 24 hours before the inflatable can be used again.
Best Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards is a great sport and one of the best ways to spend a day on the water. SUP as we know it today has only become possible thanks to the great progress in the production processes of inflatable SUP boards and has become popular today.
Instead of laboriously transporting aboard more than three meters long and having to drag it to the water, the entire equipment, including an inflatable SUP board, fits into a single large backpack.
Only the comfort in transport and storage as well as the low price of the inflatable SUPs opened the sport to a wider audience. Even less water-loving people who don’t have a roof rack on their car could easily try out paddle sport and fall in love with it.
The modern boards are made of durable materials and are very robust. With the increasing popularity of water sports, numerous new companies have emerged that have developed their SUP boards, so that the market quickly became very confusing.